1. Tell us about how you got started in pageantry and your pageant history.
I started pageantry almost four years ago. I actually signed up for my first pageant without telling my mom!
2. What is the most important thing that you've learned competing?
The best advice I 've learned from competing is "If the opportunity is meant for you, it won't pass you by" this is something that took awhile for me to understand. I would always think why not me? why am I not good enough for me to be the title holder? But it was simply not meant to be and it is okay! I'm so happy where I am now because I believe I am where I am supposed to be.
3. As World's Perfect Miss, what would you say makes this system unique?
This system was completely new to me. Competing this last summer for my first time I was going into the competition to do my best, but also have fun. This system is so unique because it truly gives the contestants the opportunity to express their own version of perfect. What also makes it different is also the sense of community and family. From the very beginning, the staff and families were very welcoming and supportive to team Kentucky.
4. What is your platform?
My platform is called Passport to Green. It combines my passion for travel and the environment. I love to explore new places and culture and learn about their environmental policies and impact
5. What impact do you hope to leave as the reigning World's Perfect Miss?
One of my hopes as World's Perfect Miss is to help others discover that being their authentic selves is the best gift they can give others.
6. As a champion of Earth friendly causes, what is your eco-tip for our readers?
Keep it simple and conscious! Today's society loves everything to be as easy and quick as possible. Unfortunately, our planet is looked passed with this mindset. I suggest just to take time and evaluate your daily routine, and see how you can make simple changes to overall help our earth's status.
7. What was your preparation process like for World's Perfect Miss?
My preparation was quite serious for World's Perfect Miss. I made sure I felt confident on and off stage with a wardrobe that made me feel beautiful, and a coach (Jackie) that made me feel comfortable speaking in front of an audience.
8. What advice would you give to other women considering competing in World's Perfect?
DO IT!!! It is the most fun I have ever had at a pageant. Everyone is so nice and fun. If anyone has any questions, I am more than happy to answer them.
9. What is your next pageant goal?
For right now, it is to just enjoy my reign as World's Perfect Miss. I am excited for all the activities we have in store for this year and I just want to soak them all in as they last.
10. Tell us about a non-pageant goal you're hoping to achieve this year.
I am graduating from my university this spring and one of my goals is to graduate on the Dean's List.
11. You won the World's Perfect Miss title alongside your mother, the reigning World's Perfect Classic Woman. What was that experience like?
This was one of the best memories I have ever made with my mom. She has been my constant cheerleader for my whole life, and now it was my time to be that for her. This was her first serious pageant, and I was so happy to be an extra hand on her support team.
12. Is there a photographer you're hoping to work with?
As World's Perfect Miss I get to have a photoshoot with Baron DaParre so I am really looking forward to work with him!
13. Who is your favorite pageant designer?
Fernando Wong!!! He has made me two evening gowns that represent exactly who I am as a person. I'm so blessed to say I was wearing one of his creations when I was crowned World's Perfect Miss.
14. What appearance are you most looking forward to as World's Perfect Miss?
The Citrus Look International Pageant! My sister queens and brother will be there so it will be amazing to see them again!
Leave a Reply.
NYC pageant coach Jackie Schiffer is passionate about helping women find their voices. Her international client roster includes women competing at the local, national and international level. Currently, she serves on the national coaching team for Miss Earth USA, USA National Miss, Miss Global United States, Mrs. Universal, and more.